The overall objective of the Douglas Bomford Trust is to advance knowledge, understanding, practice, competence and capability in the application of engineering and physical science to agriculture, horticulture, forestry, amenity and allied land based and biological activities for the sustainable benefit of the environment and mankind.
The Trust provides funding to enable competent individuals and organisations to pursue:
- education, training, research and knowledge transfer;
- innovation and the application of science and technology with respect to the design, development, evaluation and construction of machines, systems and techniques;
- travel to acquire or disseminate knowledge;
- the development and maintenance of professional competencies;
- the development or acquisition of new skills, techniques and capabilities
Any special conditions?
Trustees currently require that projects for which funding is being sought should have a substantial engineering content that is directly applicable to temperate agricultural production systems. Multi-discipline collaborative proposals will be considered.
There is a preference for projects that relate to British agriculture and for individuals and organisations that have strong connections with the UK.
How to find out more
For comprehensive information on the Trust and its activities, click on the website link in the box on the left. To contact us click the email link.
Douglas Bomford Trust
The Bullock Building