Who we are
The Roslin Institute is a BBSRC Institute incorporated with the Royal (Dick) School of Veterinary Studies, the number one-ranked Veterinary School in the UK in the 2008 Research Assessment Exercise.
What we do.
The Roslin Institute aims to enhance the lives of animals and humans through world class research in animal biology. The principal objectives are to enhance:
- animal health and welfare through knowledge of genetic factors affecting resistance to disease.
- sustainability and productivity of livestock systems and food supply chains through understanding of reproductive and developmental biology.
- food safety by understanding interactions between disease causing organisms and animals.
- human health through an understanding of basic mechanisms of health and disease and comparative biology of animal species.
- quality of life for animals by studying the mechanisms and behaviours associated with optimising their environment and life experiences.
- Identification of new and emerging zoonoses and understand how pathogens might cross from animals to humans
How to find out more
For comprehensive information on the Institute and its research, click on the website link in the box on the left. To contact the Institute, click on the email link.
The Roslin Institute
Position:Scientific Administrator (Communications)
Tel:0131 527 4469
Fax:0131 440 0434