Who we are
East Malling Research (EMR) is an independent provider of innovative research, development and consultancy serving the fresh produce supply chain and other sectors of the land-based industry. EMR is a company limited by guarantee and a registered charity. The company has a Board of Directors and is led by a Chief Executive Officer.
EMR’s team of scientists integrate their knowledge of breeding and molecular genetics, genomics, pest and disease biology and management, crop and post-harvest physiology, agronomy and environmental science to address current industry issues and deliver innovative solutions particularly applied to:
- fresh produce
- non food crops and products
What we do.
EMR provides research, innovation and science-based solutions to enable sustainable horticulture and to develop land-based industries.
We achieve this through:
- Our people - we recruit and retain dedicated professional scientists who are expert in their fields
- Our science - we work on the leading edge of what is known and possible
- Our communications - we excel at the transfer of knowledge and technology
- Our business sense - we are driven commercially and seek enduring customer relationships, active collaborations and delivery of practical solutions
How to find out more
For comprehensive information on EMR and its research & consultancy activities click on the website link in the box on the left. To contact the EMR click on the email link.
East Malling Research
Dr Neil Hipps
Position:Business Development Manager